Focus Advanced Publishing software ™
Making Tax Digital for VAT Compliant
effective 1st of April 2019
If you are a VAT-registered business with a taxable turnover above the VAT threshold, then you are now required by HMRC to use the Making Tax Digital service to keep records digitally and use software to submit your VAT returns for VAT periods that started on or after 1 April 2019.
To this effect, we have introduced a new button called “Send Tax Digitally”, in the “VAT Summary” windows, as shown in the video. The button activates a wizard that will guide you through the submission process.
First you must register with HMRC for Making Tax Digital (MTD) for VAT
- Click here: if you already have your Government Gateway user ID and Password.
- Otherwise click here to Create sign in details.
Activate FAP for Live-Submission of VAT Returns to HMRC
- Go to the Maintenance > Preferences Menu
- On the Company Settings tab, enter your VAT Registration Number (VRN), without spaces.
- Tick the option “Is Registered for MTD (VAT)”
- Click the Save button to finish.
Submit VAT Returns to HMRC Digitally
- Print and approve the VAT Returns, as you did before
- Submit the approved VAT Returns to HMRC, by clicking the “Send Tax Digitally” button.